COACHES VS CANCER
Email your information to email@example.com
2020-21 Information – Please see below:
January has once been designated as “Coaches vs. Cancer” month by the IBCA for high school basketball in Indiana. Over the past 13 years of this initiative, boys’ and girls’ coaches across Indiana have raised nearly $1,100,000 in the fight against cancer. We want to send a special thank you to all coaches, teams, schools and dedicated community members who plan to participate in the 13th annual IBCA initiative against cancer during the 2019-20 season – the dollars raised through this initiative are saving lives all across Indiana!
This year, we are asking all coaches to get involved in this initiative by taking these simple steps:
- Pick a date in January for a “Coaches vs. Cancer” game to benefit the American Cancer Society. (Note: If you use the term “Coaches vs. Cancer,” which is trademarked, the net proceeds must go to the American Cancer Society; if your event benefits another organization, you need to use another term to label it.). If January doesn’t work, feel free to select a date that works for you and host a “Coaches vs. Cancer” game sometime during your season.
- Select a CVC champion to help host the game. We know you and your players are busy during the season, which is why nominating a student, teacher, parent or community member close to the program is a great way to create the best CVC experience without overburdening you and your team.
- Connect with your local American Cancer Society staff Once you have selected a date and CVC Champion, connect with your local American Cancer Society staff. They are here to help support your efforts in any way possible. If you are unsure who your local contact is, feel free to reach out to Michael Smith. Michael can be reach at firstname.lastname@example.org. As you work to identify your “Coaches vs. Cancer” game, please alert Michael so he may assist with logistics and connect you with the best local American Cancer Society representative to help you with fund-raising ideas and details for your game.
- Once you have determined the date for your Cancer-benefit game, please e-mail this info to Gene Milner (email@example.com) so we can list the game dates on our IBCA calendar of games to benefit cancer charities.
The American Cancer Society will present banners to programs that meet certain levels of donations. Categories are Champion ($10,000 or more), MVP ($5,000 to $9,999) and All Star ($2,500 to $4,999). To be eligible, all funds raised during the school year must be turned into the local American Cancer Society office no later than June 1, 2020. For accounting purposes, it helps tremendously if funds can be reported and turned in by March 15, 2020.
After the game, we ask you to do the following:
- E-mail Gene Milner to let him know how much money was collected and to what charity it was donated if other than the American Cancer Society.
- Call Bob Lovell of Indiana SportsTalk and let him know how much you collected.
- Send a check for the amount collected (payable to the “American Cancer Society”) to Steve Witty, P.O. Box 638, Plainfield, IN 46168, who will forward it to the Coaches vs. Cancer office. If you prefer, you may work directly with Michael Smith or local staff to deliver your check.
“Coaches vs. Cancer is an amazing way to encourage team unity, build school spirit, support those in the community who have been touched by cancer and fight back against a disease that has taken so much! Please make plans now to include a “Coaches vs. Cancer” game on your schedule for the 2019-20 season. Our goal is 100 percent participation of all high schools in Indiana!
Please contact Michael Smith at ACS today. firstname.lastname@example.org
American Cancer Society, Inc. | North Central Region
|School||Email/Contact||(B/G)||Game Info||Date||Amount Raised|
|Gibson Southernemail@example.com||G||North Posey @ Gibson Southern||11/13/20|